More Perception Tricks...
As the examples in this section illustrate, we do not always see the world as it is (see card trick).
Our perception of events, actions and other people is biased.
And the following examples help illustrate how we don’t always see things as they really are.
- A video of some kids passing a basketball.
Please try to count how many successful passes the team wearing WHITE SHIRTS completes.
Watch the video now – you’ll have to hit the play button when the page loads.
AFTER you watch the video, please read this.
- A video of a spinning dancer. If you watch the video long enough, she’ll appear to change directions.
- Rotating dots – instructions are provided.
- self deception – skeptic’s dictionary
- how and why we lie to ourselves
- lying and deception – articles, links and resources
Truth About Deception – back to our home page.