Signs of a Cheating Husband or Wife
What are the warning signs of a cheating spouse?
Use the form below to see the types of behaviors that are often associated with cheating based on type of relationship you have with your spouse.
Or Take a Look at the Five Different Warning Lists:
- Physical infidelity only – spouse had a one night stand
- Polite disengagement – spouse doesn’t want to hurt you
- Hostile disengagement – spouse wants out of the relationship
- Confused disengagement – spouse loves you and someone else
- Feeling trapped – spouse wants out, but feels resigned to stay
Suspect a Spouse of Cheating?
We also offer some practical advice about looking at such lists:
- Signs of cheating are not necessarily the same thing as proof of cheating. Without proof, few cheating spouses will admit the truth.
- Human perception is biased. Any behavior, or change in behavior, can be interpreted in different ways. If you trust your spouse, you’re likely to overlook obvious signs of infidelity. But, if you’re suspicious, you are more likely to notice signs of cheating everywhere you look (even if they are not there). These lists can become like a Rorschach Test, in which people see what they want to see. With this in mind, it may be wise to approach these lists with some degree of caution.
- Cheating wife or cheating husband – facts, information and advice
- Cheating spouse survey – discover how men and women are different when it comes to cheating
- Infidelity and cheating – articles, links and resources
Truth About Deception – back to our home page.